Disadvantages of Vinegar
Although vinegar has its advantages, it also consists of its disadvantages as well. Here is a list of disadvantages for vinegar.
1. Vinegar is well-known for its strong odour. Hence, people tend to buy other cleaning products like Lysol because it doesn't have a strong stench like vinegar.
2. Vinegar has a very low pH level. Hence, if vinegar is used on certain plants, it can harm it causing them to grow slower or not at all and even slowly kill the them.
3. Some people tend to avoid using vinegar as a cleaning product because of is price. Vinegar is much more expensive than usual cleaning products. For instance, a gallon of vinegar is $13.40 while a gallon of bleach costs $3.05.
4. Vinegar can also affect the human health. For instance, it can cause teeth erosion due to it's acidity. Because of it's low pH level, it can cause the blood in the mouth to become thinner which can decrease resistance to bruises and bleeding.
5. Since vinegar is highly acidic, it can cause caustic burns to the esophagus and stomach.