Disadvantages of Bleach
Although bleach is a must have household product, it can also have its disadvantages as well. Here is a list of disadvantages.
1. This product is very corrosive, meaning that it could corrode the skin and leave it very irritated.
2. If this product is in contact or mixed with other cleaning products, it'll react with it and release dangerous gases like ammonia and chlorine.
3. Not only can bleach whiten clothing but it has the disadvantage of fading colours on clothes that are made from cotton because of its strong smell.
4. This product is very toxic. Hence, when consumed or smelt, the chemicals can cause respiratory problems like Asthma. That's why it's important that you use a mask and also rubber gloves when using bleach. Also make sure that the room you're working in is properly ventilated.
5. Not only can it affect a human's life but the chemicals can harm the environment and kill the organisms that live in the environment like fishes. This happens because the chemicals given off when reacting with the water, will replace the H2O molecule with the Cl molecule.
6. Although there are many types of bleaches, the most dangerous one is chlorine bleach because it's very toxic.
7. Approximately 28% of poisonings from household products are due to bleach. Not only can this product harm humans, but it can also harm pets because of their lower air intake. Also this product can harm the women who are living in their houses as housewives because they are in daily contact with them.